ACD / Aluminium Compact Degasser
The most efficient and flexible
degassing system for the aluminium casthouse
How it works
The ACD / Aluminium Compact Degasser® is a multi-stage, sealed in-line rotary degassing equipment that processes molten aluminium using spinning nozzles directly in the casting trough between the furnace and the casting pit.
The ACD is much smaller and flexible than conventional in-line degassers (with refractory‑lined steel boxes). Although the physical, mechanical and operational differences between the ACD and conventional degassers are significant, the underlying metallurgical principles involved in metal treatment are the same. Thus, the metallurgical performances are equivalent – or even superior – to conventional in-line degassers.
The ACD is also easier to operate and maintain than any other type of degasser. Since there is no metal hold up in the machine at the end of a cast, alloy changes are much easier, and no heating is required.
Metal Quality Improvement
- High hydrogen removal efficiency.
- Removes alkalis and inclusions when chlorine or a salt flux are used.
- Operates in sealed mode; very little dross formation.
- Eliminates metal loss due to alloy changes; furthermore, no need to remelt aluminium.
- Eliminates the need to maintain molten aluminium between casts in the degassing chamber.
- Operator‑friendly, easy to operate, fully automatic operation.
Low Operation and Maintenance Costs
- Eliminates high cost heating elements and thermocouples.
- Eliminates high cost refractory lining.
- Reduces energy consumption.
- Reduces casting downtime for maintenance.
- Reduces overall O&M costs by 60%.
Safe Operating Environment
- Elimination of chlorine, if required, through the use of the FFD / Flux Feeder for Degasser.