STAS Inc. is a Canadian based company specialized in the development, fabrication and commercialisation of process equipment for the global aluminium industry for 30 years. Our head office is located in Chicoutimi, in the Saguenay Lac St-Jean region, one of the world capitals for aluminium production.
The equipment offered by STAS is intended for six main segments of the aluminium industry.
- Smelter technologies, which include the STARProbe, the Pot Ramming Machine, fume hoods to reduce HF emissions, anode positioning systems, anode stub inspection systems and anode butt inspection systems.
- Molten metal handling technologies, which include crucible cleaners, siphon tube cleaners and crucible preheating systems.
- Casthouse technologies, which include the ACD (Aluminium Compact Degasser), the RFI (Rotary Flux Injector), the AIR (Aluminum In-line Refiner) the IGDC (Inert Gas Dross Cooler), the TAC (Treatment of Aluminium in Crucible), the ACS (Automatic Crucible Skimmer), the BSI 3D (Billet Surface Inspection) as well as molten metal filtration systems.
- Automation, which includes programming (levels 0 to 5), process control, plant support, training, secondment of staff. The team is made up of about twenty professionals with a recognized expertise in many fields from the start-up of single machines to the programming standards in major projects.
- Engineering, which includes feasibility studies, design/detail/installation engineering, project management, safety and ergonomic reviews, design of custom‑made equipment, R&D in new technologies, etc. Our engineering personnel ranks amongst the most experienced in all fields (mechanical, electrical, automation, industrial).
- Since 2018, casting and material handling equipment.
With hundreds of equipment units installed in nearly 40 countries, we are proud to be a leading supplier for the global aluminium industry.